Marine Diesel Technician
Northwest Diesel Power is a Marine Diesel & Vessel Systems Service Company based out of Bellingham, WA. From small parts maintenance to large boat repowers – and beyond – delivering timely service and repair with long term value in mind. We are an authorize Volvo Penta dealer, as well as the primary North American Targa boats service center.
Looking for good people to join our family! We’ve been serving recreational and commercial boaters throughout the greater Puget Sound and Salish Sea since 2004. Specializing in all aspects of marine diesel engine repair, marine electronics, and vessel systems.
We want our people to grow — skill, character, and commitment are always rewarded and appreciated. Check out www.NWDieselPower.com for more about us and what we do.
Looking for experienced Marine Diesel Technician
- Oil changes and yearly maintenance schedules
- Volvo Penta IPS and outdrive service, maintenance and repairs
- Volvo Penta outdrive and IPS prop repair service
- Engine repowers and overhauls
- Electronic Volvo Penta engine and control system diagnostics
- Engine data integration with compatible vessel electronics
- Mechanical engine and generator pre purchase surveys
- Volvo Penta warranty repair
- Winterization and shrink wrap services
- Haul out and boat storage
- And more…
- Candidates preferred to have at least 3 years experience in this or closely related jobs. We are looking for self motivated persons who have experience working with a crew on single or multiple projects.
- Candidate must be strong in troubleshooting skills.
- Marine propulsion and engine maintenance experience is required.
- Hands on is a must.
- Have ability to work with others and communicate work to others.
- Must be fit and have ability to work in technical spaces on board vessels
Don’t have experience? Ask us about on-the-job training! We are always looking for qualified candidates to keep up with customer demand, and we’re willing to train and develop long term training schedules for all our employees.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: Competitive wages, DOE
- Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday, Overtime, Weekend availability
- Experience: 3 years or more preferred (Ask us about on-the-job training!)
- Language: reads and writes English
- Work Location: Bellingham, WA
- Work Remotely: No